C++ Trading Platform Developer
Wintermute is one of the largest algorithmic trading firms in digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Culturally, we combine 1) the highest standards of technological and trading sophistication from traditional financial markets and 2) technology startup nature, as we are moving very fast and empowering people to act like owners.
Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supports high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable proprietary trading business. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a C++ Trading Platform Developer who is passionate about technology, interested in both low level details of how computer hardware operates and high-level design of large systems, as well as in data infrastructure. Someone who likes opening the hood to see how things work, has understanding of data structures, experience writing client-server network applications, and writing and optimising code for high performance. We welcome your previous experience from your own personal projects as well as commercial experience. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have experience looking under the hood to see how C++ standard libraries and other solutions are implemented. Interest in algorithmic and quantitative trading is a plus.
At Wintermute you will have an opportunity to grow and make direct impact on trading by developing and improving all the parts of the trading platform, data infrastructure and related software, while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced developers and traders, including the founders. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no multiple levels of approvals, no bureaucracy; all developers report directly to CTO who is very hands on. You are judged by what you deliver, not by the hours your do.
It is up to you to make an impact! You will work alongside exceptionally sharp colleagues, learn how to write fail-safe code and improve performance and scalability of the trading system, a real challenge and a rare opportunity! We have flexible working arrangements, it’s the productivity that matters. At least several days a week in the office with our own gym, unlimited food and drinks are required.
What will you work on
A great advantage of this position is that it is varied, and it is also up to you to shape it in the direction that matches your talents and company needs. The focus of the role would be to work on the global trading platform that spans across many continents, with real time data capture, order entry on dozens of exchanges, robust connectivity and built in monitoring. You would be working on expanding and scaling up our trading platform, mainly using C++ and Python.
All the workstations and servers are running Linux, no windows in trading and the development team. We also keep things simple and easy to understand wherever possible which means designing, scalable and robust C++ and Python code is a main skill. We will share more technical details in the interviews. You will have opportunity to improve your knowledge of software optimisations, of building robust large-scale systems and to understand crypto currency trading.
Hard Skills requirements
- Strong C++ skills are required - we will test
- Experience with looking under the hood to see how C++ standard libraries work - we will test
- Strong analytical skills - we will test
- Understanding of networking, CPU and memory model, assembly language - desirable
Write to us if you
- Love coding, love problem solving, and love seeing your products work
- Love building things
- Are curious about algorithmic trading and financial markets
- Are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- Like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- Like working like an owner and not like a 9-to-5 "work to pay bills" or contractor
- Like working in the team environment (not fully remote), at least half-time working from our London office (COVID restrictions allowing)
Tips for a successful application
- Only apply to us if you are genuinely interested or curious about this role; this is not for someone who is just looking for "a job"
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in C++ development at Wintermute. Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!
- We are able to arrange a UK visa sponsorship for the right candidates