C++ Trading Platform Developer
Wintermute is one of the largest crypto-native algorithmic trading companies in digital assets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, a broad range of OTC trading solutions as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto. Wintermute also has a Wintermute Ventures arm that invests in early stage DeFi projects.
Wintermute was founded in 2017 by industry leaders and has successfully navigated crypto industry cycles. Culturally, we combine the best of the two worlds: the technology standards of high-frequency trading firms in traditional markets and the innovative and entrepreneurial culture of technology startups. To Wintermute digital assets is not just another asset class, we believe in the innovative potential of blockchain, the fundamental innovations, we have a long-term view on the digital asset market and are taking a leadership position in building an innovative and compliant market. Read more here.
Working at Wintermute
We are looking for a C++ Trading Platform Developer who is passionate about technology, interested in both low level details of how computer hardware operates and high-level design of large systems, as well as in data infrastructure. Someone who likes opening the hood to see how things work, has understanding of data structures, experience writing client-server network applications, and writing and optimising code for high performance. We welcome your previous experience from your own personal projects as well as commercial experience. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have experience looking under the hood to see how C++ standard libraries and other solutions are implemented. Interest in algorithmic and quantitative trading is a plus.
At Wintermute you will have an opportunity to grow and make direct impact on trading by developing and improving all the parts of the trading platform, data infrastructure and related software, while also getting advice and guidance from very experienced developers and traders, including the founders. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, and you'll learn at an unprecedented speed! No legacy systems, no multiple levels of approvals, no bureaucracy; all developers report directly to CTO who is very hands on. You are judged by what you deliver, not by the hours your do.
It is up to you to make an impact! You will work alongside exceptionally sharp colleagues, learn how to write fail-safe code and improve performance and scalability of the trading system, a real challenge and a rare opportunity! We have flexible working arrangements, it’s the productivity that matters.
What will you work on
A great advantage of this position is that it is varied, and it is also up to you to shape it in the direction that matches your talents and company needs. The focus of the role would be to work on the global trading platform that spans across many continents, with real time data capture, order entry on dozens of exchanges, robust connectivity and built in monitoring. You would be working on expanding and scaling up our trading platform, mainly using C++ and Python.
All the workstations and servers are running Linux, no windows in trading and the development team. We also keep things simple and easy to understand wherever possible which means designing, scalable and robust C++ and Python code is a main skill. We will share more technical details in the interviews. You will have opportunity to improve your knowledge of software optimisations, of building robust large-scale systems and to understand crypto currency trading.
Hard Skills requirements
- Strong C++ skills are required - we will test
- Experience with looking under the hood to see how C++ standard libraries work - we will test
- Strong analytical skills - we will test
- Understanding of networking, CPU and memory model, assembly language - desirable
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would be unlikely at any other project or trading firm
- A unique opportunity to join one of the strongest and most successful CeFi teams globally
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch
- Although we are unable to accept fully remote candidates, we support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours.
- On top of competitive base pay, we offer substantial performance based bonuses
- We offer standard perks too, like pension, private health insurance and free food, but that’s probably not the right reason to join us
- We offer UK work permits and help with relocation
Write to us if you
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply.
- Tell us about why you are interested in C++ development at Wintermute.
- Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who share our interests, values and ambitions!