Wintermute is one of the largest algorithmic trading firms in digital assets globally. We manage hundreds of millions in assets and trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of different trading platforms. Culturally, we combine 1) the highest standards of technological and trading sophistication from traditional financial markets and 2) technology startup nature, as we are moving very fast and empowering people to act like owners.
Wintermute provides liquidity algorithmically across most vested exchanges in crypto, across CeFi and DeFi, on-screen and OTC, as well as supports high profile blockchain projects. At Wintermute, we believe in the decentralization of finance and we believe that trading companies of the future are technology companies, not financial services providers.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable proprietary trading business. We are backed by Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and other top tier investors. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
Working at Wintermute
At Wintermute you will have an opportunity to grow professionally and make direct impact on business. You will work very closely with traders and trading system developers to keep infrastructure simple and robust. You will get a lot of independence and responsibility right away, while getting advice and guidance from experienced developers (including CTO) and traders. No legacy systems, no corporate bureaucracy, no multiple levels of approvals. It is up to you to make an impact. It is a real challenge and a rare opportunity to make a real difference!
What will you work on
· Automating monitoring and deployment of both cloud based and physical servers
· Taking over and maintaining/improving existing Python scripts for server management
· Working close with traders and developers to keep infrastructure simple and robust
· Engaging with suppliers and network providers to order servers and ensure correct network configuration
Work will also involve helping users with configuration and security of both Windows and Linux workstations and setting up security standards, but the majority of work will be Linux centric.
Hard Skills requirements (must)
- A solid knowledge of PC hardware and computer internals.
- Passion for technology, interest in researching different hardware for servers and desktops.
- Familiarity with Ubuntu, Microsoft Windows 10 Desktops.
- A working knowledge of Linux command-line.
- An ability to troubleshoot, analyze, and solve for technical issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- A technical strength in hardware, printers, networking, programming (basic python).
- Create problem resolution documentation in the knowledge base articles.
- Troubleshoot workstation operating systems, applications, peripherals, network and audio-visual issues.
- Experience building and maintaining desktop and laptop images that support corporate platform standards.
- Experience with hardware monitoring and performance tuning.
- Dealing with data centers, third party suppliers and procurement.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Occasional travel to data centers
- Experience in relevant Microsoft technologies including Outlook, Office 2016
- Work well independently with minimal supervision
Desired skills (successful candidate will be required to learn this on the job)
- Familiarity with Ubuntu servers
- Networking, DNS, DHCP, VLAN
- Work at weekend hours if required
- An educational background in computer science or IT (preferred)
Tips for a successful application
- Please only apply if you have proven Required Hard Skills and are willing to learn Other skills very fast and mostly on your own
- Note that this isn't a 9-to-5 job; we are building a very big business very fast and we are looking for people who are ready to contribute to that beyond "just doing the day job"
- Trading knowledge is not required, but curiosity in algorithmic trading, wider trading architecture and/or crypto world would be a plus
- Write us a short, honest, and direct message if you'd like to apply. Tell us about why you are interested in this role at Wintermute specifically. Do not send us generic copy paste applications, we are looking for authentic people who have a good motivation to join
- We are happy to arrange a UK visa sponsorship for the right candidates