Junior Visual Designer
Wintermute is a hyper-growth fintech startup and one of the largest players in the global digital asset markets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto.
Culturally, we combine the best traits of both trading companies and technology startups. As a trading company, we manage hundreds of millions in assets, trade more than $5B+/day across dozens of trading platforms and are highly profitable in doing so. As a technology startup, we build, innovate and move incredibly fast, we create best-in-class liquidity products that create more efficient markets. We believe that traditional finance has to change and we are on a mission to define and build the decentralized future of finance.
Wintermute is a hyper-growth highly profitable proprietary trading business. We are backed by top tier global venture capital investors such as Lightspeed, Pantera Capital, Sino Global Capital, Blockchain.com Ventures, Avon Ventures by Fidelity Investments, DeFi Alliance and others. Learn more about our team and culture on our website and Evgeny’s post here.
Working at Wintermute
In this role you will working with visual design lead on various aspects of Wintermute client-facing products, as well as the brand identity. You will use your energy, creativity and impeccable taste to create designs across different domains - from professional digital user interfaces to social media memes to occasional print. You’ll work with the visual design lead to execute on the creative direction, contribute to the design system and brand identity and develop new ideas. You will be learning about the dynamic space that crypto is, and will enjoy being at the heart of the evolving blockchain space.
- Digital User Interface Design
- Create visual identity for financial user interfaces
- Contribute to and expand the distinctive Wintermute style and design system
- Brand Assets
- Implement and maintain brand library, including internal and external assets, style, templates, typography, etc
- Propose and execute on creative ideas to take brand identity further
- Marketing and Social Media
- Create visuals and videos for social media, press releases, etc
- Design digital and physical marketing asset
- Work closely with design, marketing and product teams to enhance and reinforce Wintermute brand identity
But most importantly, all employees can shape and develop their roles. There's no limit set by the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art or equivalent
- Experience in visual and / or motion design, ideally as part of integrated design and product teams
- Portfolio demonstrating creativity and quality of execution
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite
- Excellent sense of humour
- Strong personal interest in or experience with crypto and / or NFTs
- Experience with generative design
- Experience with Figma
- Experience in data visualisation / infographics
- A unique opportunity to work on very interesting projects, get the level of responsibility and ownership that would be unlikely at any other firm
- Great company culture: informal, non-hierarchical, ambitious, highly professional yet collaborative and entrepreneurial
- A cool office in central London with a sci-fi touch
- We support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours; however, we require hard/smart work and >60% work from the office; we are unable to accept remote candidates
- Weekly team events, such as team lunches, team dinners, team board games and Dota playing sessions; these are not obligatory in any sense, but this is what we like to do
- Aligned incentive structure: on top of competitive pay, a significant part of your compensation is performance-based variable pay with unlimited upside
- We offer standard perks too, like pension, private health insurance, free food and office gym, but that’s probably not the right reason to join us
- We offer UK work permits and help in relocation
Write to us if
- You love applying your creativity to various domains - from user interfaces, to print, to digital art objects
- You are determined, ambitious yet humble, willing to work hard and learn on the way
- You like meritocracy and being judged by what you deliver
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset versus 9-to-5 mentality
- You are prepared to work non-standard working hours (since we are a high-growth startup operating in the 24/7 crypto world)
- You like working in the team environment (not fully remote)
Tips for a successful application
- This is a London based role
- Do some research: look at our website and social media channels
- If you don't have an obviously matching experience or skills, make sure you state very clearly what you can bring or how your experience is relevant.
- Prepare to be tested on your hard skills required for this job. We do not care as much about your credentials (university or prior employer), but we care a lot about your knowledge and ability to get things done.
- Unfortunately, we won't be able to proceed if you simply press "submit button"; we do promise to reply to everyone who puts time and effort in making the application relevant!