Graduate DeFi Algorithmic Trader
London / Singapore
Wintermute is one of the largest crypto-native algorithmic trading companies in digital assets. We provide liquidity algorithmically across most cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, a broad range of OTC trading products as well as support high profile blockchain projects and traditional financial institutions moving into crypto. We actively participate in the development of the blockchain ecosystem through investments, partnerships, and incubation of projects.
Wintermute was founded in 2017 by industry leaders and has successfully navigated multiple crypto industry cycles. Culturally, we combine the best of the two worlds: the technology standards of high-frequency trading firms in traditional markets and the innovative and entrepreneurial culture of technology startups. Read more here.
Working in the DeFi team
We are looking for an Algorithmic Trader to join our team to help us build and maintain the systems that drive our on-chain searching. You will focus both on designing and implementing trading strategies as well as the core microservices and backend infrastructure required by the trading engine.
Our trading is very technologically focused and our traders are akin to programmatic problem solvers. Similar to the ethos of most builders within the space, this role requires you to wear many hats. You will work and contribute across multiple code bases in a variety of languages whilst pushing and exploring the frontiers of the design space within the ecosystem.
We pride ourselves on running a tight knit and collaborative team and so you can expect to work closely with experienced traders and developers who will be teaching and guiding you on how to contribute and improve our systems. Team members are encouraged to cultivate their own narratives, challenge each other and investigate new domains together.
- Proficiency in programming with at least one of the following: Python, Rust or Go
- Comfortable working on Linux environments and Git version control
- Experience with programmatic statistical analysis and quantitative / analytic skills
- High level understanding of high-frequency market making strategies
- Understanding of blockchain fundamentals and mechanics of the EVM
- Familiarity with smart contract development and the Foundry toolkit
- A passion for learning about protocol microstructure and design mechanisms
- Although we are unable to accept fully remote candidates, we support significant flexibility in regards to working from home and working hours.
- For UK - we are able to offer work permits and help with relocation
- For Singapore - we are able to sponsor an Employment Pass for exceptional candidates however, we do prefer applicants to have a Singapore PR.