Director of Finance
Cambridge, MA /
Who we are:
Wise Systems is a high-growth, fast-paced business that is transforming the way companies transport goods, services and people across the Globe. We provide cloud-based autonomous dispatching and routing software that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve fleet efficiency, customer service and capture new markets.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and has grown rapidly, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow, we’re excited to bring together people who are talented, motivated and high-energy.
What We Are Looking For:
Wise Systems is looking for a Director of Finance to build and own a world-class finance function. The Head of Finance will focus on meticulous cash management and partner with the leadership team on strategic decisions to drive growth.
- Establish and implement objectives, policies, governance, and operating procedures for all aspects of the business
- Manage the accounting function, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, reporting, and tax
- Prepare forecasts and insights, enabling data-driven decision-making
- Manage and allocate capital efficiently while optimizing the company’s capital structure
- Develop and oversee corporate strategy and report on market activity
- Ensure compliance with appropriate controls, policies, procedures, governance principles and practices for financial management and administration functions of the company
- Oversee day-to-day finance function including preparation of statements (e.g., income statement, balance sheet, cash flow), forecasting, and budgeting
- Implement, maintain, and improve software systems and processes
- Recruit and train team members as the business expands
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field; preference for Master’s degree
- 5+ years experience in accounting, strategy, finance
- Solid business acumen with an understanding of growth drivers
- Experience with financial and macro modelling
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting standards (GAAP, IFRS)
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to think broadly and strategically; think beyond the numbers
- You bring a culture of respect for customers based on integrity, collaboration and partnership with your peers in the company
- You pride yourself in adhering to the highest ethical standards and will tirelessly advocate for customers to influence all departments in the company
- You value being in a team-oriented culture