Director of Customer Success
Cambridge, MA /
Customer Experience /
Who we are:
Wise Systems builds autonomous dispatching and routing software that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets to improve both fleet efficiency and customer service. At Wise Systems, we believe that companies don’t have to sacrifice efficiency to dramatically improve their customer service, and we’ve built the platform to transform delivery operations.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and is growing rapidly, building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
As we continue to grow we’re excited to bring together people who are curious, ambitious, and creative. If you are excited about solving real-world problems and building powerful and usable products, we need you.
What we are looking for:
An experienced Director of Customer Success who will own the customer journey from solution design through implementation, support, retention, and growth. We are looking for a strong leader with experience growing high-performance teams that bring best practices based on years of experience in software, services and customer success. You will have experience in a senior position managing global customer-facing teams in a SaaS model with a technical solution. You will manage a cross-functional team of account managers, solutions engineers, customer success managers, and support technicians. You are dedicated to maximizing profitable customer relationships by maintaining customer satisfaction, reducing churn and growing recurring revenue. You will be at the center of what we do, working closely with our product, engineering, sales, marketing, and operations teams.
- Hire, train, and develop a world-class cross-functional team, fostering a culture of teamwork & collaboration and setting the strategy and prioritizing goals
- Manage the customer journey from contract through retention across the organization
- Consistently delivering great end-to-end customer experience across stages, channels, and touchpoints in the customer journey
- Architect the customer success organization and solutions to leverage and scale in support of our revenue ambitions, including striking the right balance for the services and support offered to our range of customer segments
- Advocate for and represent the voice of the customer within the organization, promoting a customer-centric mindset
- Build a global services organization to support customers from onboarding and training through to long-term enterprise digital transformation projects
- Partner closely with our sales teams to engage with leaders at prospective customers and existing customers to define goals and leverage our products and services to achieve them
- 7+ years of operational experience as a leader in customer success or services teams
- Exceptional executive-level communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing customer implementations and support for highly technical SaaS solutions
- The ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of maintaining and growing customer relationships
- Ability to analyze and breakdown complex situations, develop action plans and lead cross functional teams to key objectives
- Strong communication skills; ability to understand and communicate highly technical concepts
- A strong strategic vision for the customer experience, professional services, and customer support
- The skills to be a data-driven decision maker, with a willingness to experiment and iterate
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time post COVID
- Logistics industry experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.