Risk Policy Data Analyst
San Francisco, United States
Risk & Payments
The long term growth and health of Wish depends strongly on our ability to fight fraud and abuse while keeping a sharp focus on the bottom line. As a Risk Policy Data Analyst, you will be responsible for not only performing data analyses on large datasets, but also making strategic recommendations and decisions effecting thousands to millions of users and supporting constant improvement of the various processes across the Risk organization.
At Wish, you’ll have the chance to work on problems on an immense scale and deliver insights that will shape the company’s vision and strategic direction. We’re looking for candidates who are passionate about the user experience, delivering excellence and, of course, about data. You’ll work closely with management to understand, investigate, and mitigate abuse for existing and emerging products through data analysis and experimentation while keeping a razor sharp focus on the user experience. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and harness your analytical skills to drive policy development and continuous improvement.
What You'll Do:
- Perform analyses on large data sets to discover trends, drive business insights and protect Wish against fraud and abuse while delivering an excellent user experience.
- Create policies to optimize and automate our anti-abuse, anti-fraud systems and payments systems.
- Design and perform experiments to identify revenue and user base growth opportunities while constraining risk.
- Create metrics for understanding our anti-abuse, anti-fraud and user trust efforts.
- Provide insights to drive strategy and mitigate risk on existing and emerging products.
- Investigate sophisticated abuse, fight fraud and close exploitation loopholes.
- Grow sales through executing constrained linear payments optimizations
- Be part of building out a world class anti-fraud system from the ground up.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field required
- 2+ years experience in data analytics, data mining or employing statistical methods
- Experience in Risk, Payments, Spam, Abuse or related preferred
- Advanced SQL abilities are a must
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to make day to day decisions without supervision or review
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- R or Python required, R preferred
Wish is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We bring together world-class technical talent with a passion for connecting relevant products to relevant people.
Learn more about us:
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.