Senior Big Data Engineer
San Francisco, California
Technical – Relevancy
Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unique and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release everyday to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately.
We’re looking for engineers to work on our massive semi-structured datasets. You'll develop software to process, transform and analyze the data to identify signals from billions of event we collect everyday. You'll provide insights that improve the experience of hundreds of millions of users, and 100,000+ stores in our marketplace.
- 4+ years working experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative fields required
- Experience building and optimizing "big data" data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Experience in setting up and managing data infrastructure
- Experience with big data tools: Mesos/Spark
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow, etc
- Experience with AWS cloud services
- Experience with stream-processing systems is preferable: Flink, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Working knowledge of message queuing(SQS/Kafka) is preferable
- Experience building or working with A/B testing and experiment frameworks a plus
Wish, is transforming the way the world shops by offering a convenient and personalized mobile shopping experience. Our mission is to offer an unlimited selection of affordable quality goods to be accessible for everyone on a global scale. We selectively bring together world-class technical talent that are passionate about connecting relevant products to value conscious consumers all over the world!
Learn more about us:
Wish is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.