Senior Data Analyst, Finance
San Francisco, California
G&A – Finance
Wish is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join the Finance Team. The ideal candidate will build and own the finance/auditing databases, and provide both business analytics expertise and leadership within the organization. They will work cross-functionally with the Finance, Data, and Product teams, to build models and dashboards to help the Finance organization make informed strategic decisions.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain finance databases in RDBMS
- Handle business data-related requests
- Provide business analytic strength to help drive initiatives critical to ongoing growth
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. customer, user, revenue, product, market, industry) to derive insights that will drive business decisions
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams globally, assimilating requirements, driving results in the form of data insights and building strategic partnerships
- Focus on process and continuous improvement of core projects through automation and process enhancement
- Conceptualize and build centralized tools (including dashboards) that the Global Finance team can use to extract data / insights for daily business management in an automated manner
Who You Are
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or Statistics)
- 3+ years of work experience in data analytics
- Proven experience leading data driven projects from definition through interpretation and execution
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business insights
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in SQL, NoSQL experience a plus
- Is fluent in Python or a similar scripting language, and fluent in SQL
- Prior experience in statistical programming with proficiency in using statistical tools such as R, SAS, SPSS etc.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Looker, Micro Strategy etc.
- Knowledge about finance and US GAAP accounting principles and revenue recognition experience a plus
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
Learn more about us:
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.