Flipp is looking for a UI/UX Designer to help us visualize the future of Flipp’s marketplace. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design beautiful enterprise products to reinvent the retail space. As a UX Designer, you must be driven and passionate about mastering your craft and solving real world problems for our users.
- At Flipp, the Creative team is the pioneer of our digital products and an indispensable pilar of our growth and success
- We'll work together to create high quality experiences that tell unique and compelling retail/media/brand stories that excite consumers
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to develop practical solutions to design problems
- Help drive Flipp's UX vision and design culture across different teams
- Keeping the team aligned with best practices and design principles by being actively involved in the design community
- Lay the groundwork for new and existing products; create sketches, conceptual diagrams, interaction flows, wireframes, mock ups and interactive prototypes
- Designing compelling experiences that satisfy user, business and technical requirements
- You will be part of a collaborative team that will push you to do your best everyday, allowing you to reach your full potential designer
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Diploma or degree in digital design, interaction design or communications (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of UX/UI design on a product team
- Highly proficient with design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Good interaction chops, an eye for quality design and ability to think through product strategy
- Great communication skills – ability to effectively pitch design concepts and articulate design decisions
- A team player who loves to collaborate and bounce ideas off other creatives - you understand that giving/getting feedback is crucial in your development and growth
- You have an empathetic approach to user design and the ability to break down what makes an excellent interface
- A passion for the craft and creating a product that leaves an impact on our users
- Resourcefulness and hustle under pressure; must be able to work smart through adversity and deadlines
- Experience with data visualization and/or building dashboards
- Experience with prototyping tools such as InVision and Framer
Flipp Corporation is an award winning technology company (2014 and 2015 Best Workplaces in Canada award and also being awarded the 2014 Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures) that is reinventing the weekly shopping experience. Our digital flyer platform is used by the leading retailers across North America, including Walmart and Target. Our mobile app, Flipp, has already captured the hearts of Canadians and Americans alike, with millions of downloads and the honor of being named the #1 retail flyer app in Canada. Flipp’s culture is an integral part of what has driven the company’s success. We abide by key principles that promote the growth of others and create a high-trust environment. We are recipients of the Best Workplaces Award, and, as part of this, were awarded the special Camaraderie award. The survey results showed that 100% of employees voted that Flipp is a fun and friendly place to work where people care about each other.
Flipp welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.