Avionics Software Engineer
Wisk – Software
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are seeking an experienced technical team member to join our software and avionics group, which builds the onboard computing hardware to power our aircraft. You will work alongside a small group of engineers to develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of novel avionics platforms.
Within 3 months you will:
- Participate in the software development process as an individual contributor
- Become familiar with the company software lifecycle documents and procedures
- Understand team dependencies and deliverables to maximize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements, dependencies, and schedule needs
- Assist in peer review of work product from other engineers
Within 6 months you will:
- Be able to develop a software development approach from requirements
- Analyze requirements and provide valuable feedback to authors
- Analyze source code and provide valuable feedback to developers
- Suggest and implement improvements to the software development process
- Assist in training development and execution
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Five years of professional experience with software development
- Strong knowledge of the C programming language
- Experience in the engineering of software via a lifecycle development standard (such as aviation, automotive, medical, etc.)
- Experience with software architecture and systems software design
- Ability to understand, use, and modify the software in a very large code base
- Ability to create software unit tests which fully exercise a function
- Experience with code review and ability to constructively criticize the work product of your peers
- Embedded systems engineering experience and understanding of computer architecture
- Experience working with highly-automated software development processes and modern tools (such as, git/BitBucket, JIRA, Bamboo/Jenkins, etc.)
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.