Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Finance /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for an experienced Controller to join our Finance and Accounting team. Reporting to the CFO, the Controller is accountable for the oversight of Wisk’s financial reporting, planning, and budgeting processes. You will oversee financial results, ensuring monthly reporting objectives are met on time and accurately.
- Ensure that the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with US GAAP
- Work closely with members of the Finance Team and internal Project Leads on budgeting and forecasting. Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
- Make recommendations to reduce costs and manage cash flows
- Review month-end closing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Serve as a system administrator role related to accounting and finance related software
- Manage annual financial audit process
- Manage all tax compliance obligations and proposal of tax planning opportunities
- Drive continuous improvement of financial tools, business modeling and financial planning processes that can scale with the Company's growth
- Maintain a monthly reporting package to senior management covering key financial metrics and performance against budgets/forecasts
- Preparation of reports and presentations as needed
- Manage and develop the current accounting and FP&A staff
- Maintain all corporate policies related to accounting matters
- Assist in coordination and oversight of the Yearly Long-Term Financial Planning process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with MBA or Master’s in Accounting
- Strong Accounting background with 10-15 years of relevant experience
- CPA license with expert knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately, and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrated proficiency in ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections
- Experience with Netsuite, and SAP a strong plus
- Big company and start-up experience
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.