Senior Manager Operations Validation
Mountain View, CA /
Departments – Air Operations /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Wisk’s Self-Flying Aircraft. With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we have created an all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, our aircraft was designed with safety and comfort as our first priorities using emissions free systems.
We are working toward a future where you will be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for an experienced team member, who has both Operational Validation and US FAA Part 135 experience, who can independently develop and oversee the Operational Flight Validation program. This team member will undertake operational validation activities through to entry into service of the Wisk Generation 6 Aircraft. This role will have responsibility in the US and across other global regions where existing Wisk programs are already ongoing, and be responsible for developing new programs to meet Wisk requirements.
- This role involves the close coordination across Wisk and with our Boeing Partners to ensure strategic alignment with various FAA and NASA related programs, facilitating the development of capability and regulatory change in order to facilitate the introduction into service of Autonomous Type Certified Aircraft. This role will also be responsible to lead the outcomes of programs in APAC related to the NZ Airspace Integration Trial Program (AITP) and coordinate other activities in the US, Australia, and beyond. Apart from activities in the US, you will lead a small team in New Zealand and Australia and work with the Wisk Global Partnerships team, the Operations Group, and the Wisk UAS Product Development team for the delivery of validation activities: especially in the area of Vertiport, Providers of UAM Services (PSU) and Airspace integration.
- This is not an engineering role; but very much an operations-led series of validation activities that will identify where regulatory changes will be needed to support Wisk Operations in operating autonomous commercial aircraft. We are looking for someone with operational experiences, who enjoys working in the field, organizing flight test programs, working closely with & managing relationships with FAA FSDOs as well as validating requirements, speaking with regulators as well as our regulatory, policy and engineering teams.
What you will do:
- Support US and APAC-based teams in the definition and conduct of existing Validation activities.
- Coordinate the development of new and emerging validation activities in the US, across APAC, and beyond to further airspace integration regulatory data collection and Part 135 Operational Procedures for autonomous aircraft.
- In coordination with the Wisk Airline, Global Partnerships, and UAS Product Development team, coordinate, create and manage the Wisk operational validation plan.
- Represent Wisk Operations in Engineering and Operational discussions as they relate to existing and emerging Part 135 compliance.
- Engage with Wisk partners (Boeing) to align FAA and Boeing initiatives to Wisk operational requirements.
What you have done:
- 5+ years experience in a Part 135 Airline. (Flight Operations / Dispatch)
- Experience in the management and conduct of Validation activities as part of either a program or development program.
- A good understanding of the AAM market including a thorough awareness of the role Vertiport and PSUs provide.
- An awareness of the FAA ATO & Next Gen program, including the eXtensible Traffic Management Program (xTM), as well as the NASA AAM National Campaign and ATM-X.
- Demonstrated experience with Autonomous aircraft
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a globally distributed team.
Who you are:
- Self- starter with initiative and proven management skills
- Exceptional communication skills with a diverse range of stakeholders, both internal, external and across international boundaries.
- You have the ability to represent your position and convince others of the reasoning behind your position and/or decisions.
- Tertiary degree in Aviation (Management), Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Understands Air Dispatch and ATC operations/coordination
- Experience with Airspace Regulation related to Part 91, 135 and 61.
- Prior experience with fast-paced organizations (e.g., start-ups, consulting firms, etc.)
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You are a positive team player
$229,227 - $297,731 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $229,227 - $297,731 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.