Tools and Infrastructure Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Software /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
Cora began as a dream. A self-piloting air taxi so personal and so simple it could take the trips we make everyday, the ones that define our lives, and bring them to the sky. We’ve been at work on Cora since 2010, tackling some of the biggest challenges in aviation. Today, that dream is one step closer. Join us in making that dream a reality.
We are seeking a Tools and Infrastructure Software Engineer to join our software and avionics group, which builds the core fly-by-wire-systems. You will help to build the world's best, and most highly-automated software development environment. You will enable a small group of engineers to quickly develop high-quality, well-tested software, for a variety of fly-by-wire avionics platforms.
- Develop tools and identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of embedded software development and verification through automation
- Support software development operations by maintaining and improving continuous integration, automated test and deployment systems
- Design, build and maintain hardware-in-the-loop test benches used in development and verification of avionics software
- Provide an advanced flight simulation environment for automated software testing, validation of control algorithms and pre-flight pilot training
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++ and/or Java
- Highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.)
- Interest in working with a variety of tools and technologies to solve the problems at hand
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Build system development (Make, Scons, Bazel, etc)
- Supporting projects developed in C/C++
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, DO-330, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
- Some exposure to full stack development
- Some exposure to containers and cloud-based tools
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.