Wisk – Software /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to join our GNC Team in designing an exciting new class of electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) vehicles for the emerging frontier of urban-air mobility. You will be responsible for designing and implementing controls algorithms, state estimation methods, and self-flying autonomous software. You will model and create software that runs on full scale airplanes, as well as being responsible for supporting the flight tests of those new algorithms. You will develop and bring about safe autonomous flight by following standard aviation certification processes, performing rigorous testing and utilizing formal method analysis techniques.
- Conduct analysis activities and prototype solutions or improvements
- Develop and verify requirements for satisfying SW certification objectives
- Take ownership of features and design new algorithms and software logic
- Implement new models in our simulation engine using first principles, empirical data, or system identification
- Obtain a high level of familiarity with our vehicle’s avionics, software architecture, and source code
- Contribute to software development and verification activities via a Model-Based Design (MBD) approach for developing high-integrity SW
- Support flight test and HIL activities in debugging anomalies and issues
- B.S. or M.S. in Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science with at least 5 years of industry experience
- Knowledge of estimation and control theory
- Practical experience with design and implementation of control systems
- Strong MATLAB & Simulink and C-code software engineering skills
- Strong simulation and physical modeling background
- Strong linear algebra and calculus skills
- Familiarity with MacOS/Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with path planning, trajectory optimization, or GNC (Guidance Navigation and Control)
- Experience developing high-integrity software using MathWorks toolchain
- Experience with DO-178C certification and DO-331 MBD supplement
- Experience with embedded systems
- Experience with sensor fusion (accels, gyros, GPS, pressure transducers, vision, lidar, radar, ultrasound, etc.)
- Good grasp of aerodynamics and aircraft flight dynamics
- Experience writing software requirements
- Background in optimization, probabilities or machine learning (ML)/artificial intelligence (AI)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.