Battery Assembly Technician
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Battery Assembly /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Battery Assembly Technician to join us in producing an exciting new class of all-electric VTOL aircraft. You will be responsible for following standardized work processes, specifications and best practices while assembling battery system parts. You will use test fixtures, work instructions and shop aides to ensure battery part fabrication is done properly. You will be responsible for the quality of your work. You will help develop and bring about safe autonomous flight.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team!
- Learn from others about the current battery assembly processes and specifications.
- Become familiar with shop protocol and practices.
- Fabricate battery parts with guidance and supervision from a senior technician.
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning the integral details, fit, form, and function of the battery assembly to which you are assigned.
- Identify issues in the manufacturing process and propose/implement solutions or improvements.
- Record your work in the current work order/traveler format.
- Work with manufacturing engineers and quality control to properly document any non-conformance or deviations from the established work instructions.
Within 12 months you will:
- Reach a high level of knowledge of the applicable battery assembly processes.
- Be capable of fabricating parts in accordance with released processes and specifications with little supervision.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment conducting hands-on repetitive tasks at a high rate.
- Strong mechanical/electrical background with understanding of basic electronic and mechanical hand tools.
- Able to work from assembly instructions, verbal instructions, and occasionally schematics with minimal guidance.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, communication, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.