Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Marketing
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for Corporate Communications Senior Manager to join the Marketing team. This is an important role that will have a direct impact on the Wisk brand.
This is an individual contributor opportunity with the following projects:
- Brand campaign: Participate in the development of external brand campaigns, including ownership of communications strategies and cadence for messaging that support the overall brand strategy.
- Press releases: Lead our corporate press release strategy, including writing the news release, preparing media kits, working with PR distribution companies, and tracking and reporting media coverage.
- Media outreach: Lead all proactive and reactive media outreach and follow up.
- Corporate messaging: Participate in the development of high level corporate messaging, build executive talking points for media interviews and events, and pitch news stories.
- Speaking engagements: Drive our external speaking opportunity strategy and schedule. Will be responsible for developing pitches and presentations.
- Social media: Develop social media strategy for Wisk, including the development of all posts.
- Content development: In addition to corporate messaging and social media, help develop other forms of content. This could include blog posts, articles, corporate overviews, etc.
- Bachelors Degree with at least 10 years of professional experience
- Corporate PR and media engagement experience (national, local, and international). We are not looking for only a product PR background. Experience leading social media content is important.
- Excellent writing skills with experience writing in the brand voice
- Strong communications, be detail oriented, and organized. Additionally, comfortable working in small teams, rolling up sleeves to get the job done.
- Storytelling experience in PowerPoint— preparing executive-level presentations for external audiences
Note: this position is based in Mountain View, CA.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.