Director, Product Management
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Product Management
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
Product Management at our company is about envisioning the most efficient, simplest, customer pleasing and company rewarding solutions possible. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
As a Director of Product Management you will join a small, dynamic team that is creating and scaling our relationship with the customer. Your specific role will be in bringing together a product roadmap that will positively impact our customer relationships for years to come by standardizing customer management processes and building products that scale to millions of customer interactions. A great Product Director articulates the specific scope of a project to a wide variety of audiences, including why a project is important and how it should be delivered. They will work independently, build partnerships, and manage the delicate balance between scope, schedule, and budget.
- Define target market and customer segments. Gain a deep understanding of customers’ needs and desires by conducting research using market data.
- Create buy-in for the product vision internally and with key partners (engineering, manufacturing, etc). Negotiate requirements with technical engineering as you roadmap products.
- Access market landscape and competition through research and understanding of market for products. Identify and fill in product gaps and generate new ideas that can grow the business.
- Translate business process needs into product prototypes, operational and IT requirements
- Create product development schedule, pricing, production, operations, and marketing plan
- Define entry and exit criteria to each product, and desired ROI
- Develop with sales and marketing short and long term product sales forecasts and analysis
- Run beta and pilot programs for early stage product and operation
- Manage the daily rhythm of discussions that clarify and resolve requirements during design, development, testing, and release
- Drive product release including development of positioning, description, financial justification and training. Collaborate with Marketing to ensure successful product introduction and adoption.
- Act as a conduit between the business and development team, identifying issues and finding long term solutions
- Prioritize multiple projects across all departments and systems
- Ensure quality releases that meet business goals
- Plan for business risks and prepare risk mitigation plans
- Track and manage business outcomes
- Own several system products and capabilities through concept, requirements, development, deployment and implementation
What You'll Need:
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Exceptional product insight and vision; customer obsession
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies
- Strong collaborator and leader
- Executive-quality management skills
- Experience developing integrated HW and SW solutions ideally for transportation purposes
- Experience working with regulatory bodies and certified product requirements
- Experience delivering consumer experiences with your fingerprints all over them
- Data-driven: you use data to develop detailed plans. Most importantly, you leverage data to drive strategic decisions.
- Strong product instincts, excellent communication skills and technical fluency
- Understanding of the product vs. project mindset
- An open-minded, creative, self-critical, flexible and adaptable personality
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Aerospace industry experience preferred
- Experience in Product Management role with engineered product preferred
- Prior experience with fast-paced organizations
- Proven experience with at least one product plan delivery
- Should have experience managing small, dynamic teams
- Familiarity with requirements gathering, information architecture, visual design, copywriting, functional specifications, technical specifications, test cases, test execution, and release management
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to travel 25-30% of time, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering (MBA preferred)
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 9 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.