Applied Aerodynamics Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Aerodynamics
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are seeking a new member for our team to serve as an Applied Aerodynamics Engineer. The Applied Aerodynamics engineer will take a proactive role in the design, analysis, and flight test of current and future Wisk eVTOL platforms. In this role you will predict aerodynamic environments with modern CFD codes, run in-house aircraft performance tools, and develop scripts to pre- and post-process aerodynamic data. Additionally, you will effectively collaborate with other disciplines such as GNC, Flight Test, and Loads. We are looking for someone proactive, self-directed, hands-on, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced start-up environment.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get up to speed on the variety of tools and processes the Aerodynamics team uses to generate aerodynamic environments, loads, and performance predictions
- Begin post-processing flight test data and improving scripts to automate flight test data analysis
Within 6 months you will:
- Perform and implement Aerodatabase updates with reduced flight test data
- Run in-house tools to update performance predictions
- Make recommendations to continually improve our processes and aircraft
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or another relevant discipline
- Strong knowledge of aircraft aerodynamics and fundamentals
- 1-2 years of aerodynamics experience working on complex aerospace systems
- Experience developing and implementing Aerodynamic Databases
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, MATLAB, and Fortran) and automation
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or another relevant discipline
- 3-5 years of aerodynamics experience working on complex aerospace systems
- Experience or coursework in rotorcraft aerodynamics and acoustics
- Experience with aircraft and/or rotorcraft control
- Experience with high-performance computing
- Experience with flow visualization software (Tecplot, FieldView, or ParaView)
- Experience with the Fun3D, OVERFLOW, or other relevant research CFD codes
- Familiarity with Aerodynamic Loads generation processes
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.