Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Facilities /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for an Environmental Health & Safety Engineer who will report directly to the EHS Manager in supporting Facilities, Safety, and other business units. You will be responsible for promoting a strong EHS culture, executing company EHS policies, and ensuring compliance with all applicable local and regional regulations. This position requires a high degree of flexibility and solid EHS program knowledge to support manufacturing and R&D environments.
- Manage various safety compliance programs (such as IIPP and JHAs, Hazard Communication, Hazardous Energy Control, Machine Guarding, Crane Safety, Respiratory Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, Heat Illness Prevention, and other miscellaneous safety programs)
- Review, interpret, and apply existing and proposed environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations to determine applicability and impact for sites
- Complete industrial hygiene assessments and sampling or oversight of third party consultants/contractors to conduct these tasks
- Participate in inspections with regulatory representatives and provide responses as-appropriate
- Conduct audits and identify actions necessary to meet regulatory requirements
- Identify risk factors (proactively) and communicate risk concerns effectively to appropriate parties
- Participate in Accident Investigation and root cause analysis that culminate in corrective/preventative action
- Coordinate EHS training for employees and conduct instructor-led EHS training
- Management of, and participation on an Emergency Response Team
- Identify appropriate safety equipment based on the needs of the end user. Order and stock safety supplies.
- Assist with Hazardous Materials Business Plans (HMBP) updates via CERS, conducting chemical hazard classifications, and maintaining SDS/MSDS binders
- Assist with maintenance of compliance-based documentation as appropriate
- Participate on the safety committee
- Help support Facilities as-needed (e.g. Fire extinguishers, IIPP, Ergo follow-up, First Aid kits, etc.)
- Solve complex problems by: actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources; consistently looking for novel ways to solve problems; mastering unfamiliar information, tasks, and situations quickly and effectively
Within 3 months you will:
- Become familiar with all of our buildings, locations, and team activities/tasks
- Respond to day-to-day EHS requests, including day to day practical EHS equipment maintenance
- Become familiar with the EHS programs and trainings that Cora provides
- Get to know the Facilities team and the people in the company
Within 6 months you will:
- Work with teams to resolve EHS concerns
- Complete IIPP inspections and delegate findings to appropriate entities within the company, and present monthly safety reports
- Begin to take leadership over various Safety programs and lead Safety trainings
- Understand the tasks that are conducted by each group and lead Job Hazard Assessments (JHAs)
Within 12 months you will:
- Own JHA process for the company
- Have ownership over various safety programs
- Have ownership of day to day practical EHS processes across sites
- Lead various Safety trainings
- 3+ years of experience as a safety engineer or safety consultant in manufacturing or R&D environments
- BA or BS in EHS-related field preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with all levels of an organization
- Effective presentation skills in a variety of settings
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific/technical journals, reports, and legal documents
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize based on business needs
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal direct supervision, as well as, with-in a team structure
- Experience with Cal-OSHA, OSHA, CA and Intl. Fire Codes
- Analyze and evaluate risk factors by synthesizing data and communicating risk
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Some local travel required
- Experience with Ergonomics for office and industrial settings
- Experience with Robotics, ATF licenses, Business Continuity, Learning Management Systems, and Construction Safety, and/or Contractor Safety
- Ability to assist with the management of hazardous and universal waste, and the ability to sign hazardous waste manifests and/or willingness to complete DOT training to do so
- Safety compliance experience in a Manufacturing and R&D environment strongly preferred
- CSP or CIH certification is a plus
- Experience with Cal-OSHA, OSHA, CA and Intl. Fire Codes
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.