Embedded Software Engineer Intern
Mountain View, CA
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer Intern to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will be collaborating with the Software and Avionics Group in building our fly-by-wire systems. You will assist in implementing, testing, and integrating software across our avionics stack. As an intern at Cora Aero, you will gain valuable, real-world experience in the development of the flight computer and other avionics systems providing highly reliable, real-time control of the world’s first automated, all-electric, VTOL aircraft.
- Assist in implementing, validating, and integrating high-quality embedded software
- Support requirements analysis and compose detailed requirements
- Help to troubleshoot software issues and remedy defects
- Participate in writing test specifications and integration tests
- Contribute to hardware/software bring-up
- Currently pursuing a B.S, M.S, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university, and be in your second year of school or higher
- Working knowledge of the C programming language
- Familiarity with modern software architectures
- Demonstrated experience testing devices and debugging hardware
- Have an interest in Aircraft/Aviation
- Working knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with hardware/software interfacing and/or device driver development
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and unlimited PTO days. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.