Research and Development Technician
Mountain View, CA /
Departments – R&D /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Research and Development Technician to join our team. . You will be part of the Research and Development team who are responsible for evaluating future technologies and processes that have the potential to provide our company a competitive advantage in the UAM market.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Research and Development Technician to join our Research and Development team. The goal of the Research and Development Technician at Wisk is to rapidly build, test, and support new electric aircraft prototype systems, and subsystems.
What you will do:
- You will take part in support the R&D specific goals.
- You will support the R&D team and it’s lead.
- You will help support problem solving activities specific to the project on hand.
- In some areas, you will be working closely with the larger engineering team here at Wisk.
What you have done:
- The successful candidate is has demonstrated hands on experience in the following areas:
- Fabrication of electrical harnesses
- Mechanical fabrication and assembly
- Operation and test of aircraft avionics systems
- Familiar with aircraft maintenance and requirements
- Ability and desire to learn new things
- Comfort with acknowledging skill gaps and asking for help
- Aircraft A&P
Who you are:
- Highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- Solution oriented individual You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- Adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- Embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- Positive team player
$123,699 - $160,667 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $123,699 - $160,667 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.