Senior Electronics Technician
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Electronics Assembly
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Senior Electronics Team Member to join us for the production of avionics and electronic components of an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will help develop and build the electronics and avionics.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the team
- Learn company processes and procedures
- Become familiar with the assemblies that are developed and under development
- Become familiar with the ERP and PLM systems and work order scheduling
Within 6 months you will:
- Be trained in multiple work instructions on currently developed assemblies.
- Troubleshoot and correct assembly deficiencies
- Repair defective assemblies
- Follow and maintain your schedule
- Work with engineering on prototype design and builds
Within 12 months you will:
- Mentor and assist in training of technician team
- Validate and inspect finished product
- Troubleshoot and correct component deficiencies
- Assist in developing new equipment and prototypes
- Strong PCB soldering, cable assembly, and mechanical assembly skills
- Strong rework experience in micro-soldering and desoldering small SMT component packages such as QFP, QFN, small SMT Resistors and Capacitors such as 0603, 0402 etc.
- Five or more years experience as a technician assembling electromechanical mechanisms and/or power electronic assemblies
- Must be able to work from procedures and drawings with minimal guidance
- Understanding and use of basic electronics tools (Oscilloscope, DMM, crimpers, basic shop equipment, etc)
- Strong background in troubleshooting and repair of wiring and systems
- Able to select and manage parts from a BOM, assemble boards and test
- Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 9 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.