Senior Test Technician
Mountain View, CA /
Departments – Systems Test /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Test Technician to join the Test Team and support with mechanical design and assembly of test rig, as well as test execution.
Why we need you:
- You will support multiple projects and engineers and help with the fixture design, assembly, test execution and troubleshooting. You will test the hardware and software of our next generation Electrical VTOL aircraft. The successful candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, hands-on and follow best safety practices.
What you will do:
- Develop and build “one-off” test fixtures
- Interpret drawings and CAD models to assemble electromechanical systems, test fixtures and harnesses
- Select and procure necessary hardware and tools
- Create assembly instructions and bill of materials for the test fixtures
- Develop and follow test procedures and processes
- Execute tests with our internal lab equipment or at external labs
- Review data and compile test reports
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and software issues
- Maintain a clean and orderly lab space with tool control, calibration and inventory
- Follow best safety practices
What you have done:
- 6+ years experience as a technician assembling electromechanical mechanisms and/or power electronic assemblies
- Proficient with hand tools, machine shop tools (Mill, Drill, Chop Saw) and metrology tools (Caliper, Measurements Gauges)
- Must be able to work from procedures and drawings with minimal guidance
- Experience executing tests and documenting test results
- Experience operating a forklift, lifting and rigging equipment
- Comfortable around High Voltage (600V and higher), battery and electric motors
- Understanding and use of basic electronics tools (Oscilloscope, multimeter)
- Understanding of aerospace safety, tool control, FOD, and other industry standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with data acquisition devices and sensors (accelerometers, thermocouples, strain gage)
- Experience working with various test lab environments
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting languages like Matlab or Python is a plus
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$74,002 - $96,118 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $74,002 - $96,118 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.