Systems Test Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Systems Test /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are looking for a Systems Test Engineer to develop testing processes and hardware to support the development of unit level systems up to an integrated aircraft system for a new class of all-electric personal aircraft. Experience in the aerospace industry is highly desirable but individuals with experience in a regulated industry where the safety of the public is paramount is applicable. As a member of the Systems Test team, you will be working closely with the systems, design, and software engineers to ensure the ability of the integrated systems to meet vehicle requirements and functionality.
As a Systems Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the lifecycle of the aircraft systems by anticipating issues early, testing to characterize their performance and collaborating with design engineers to implement improvements. You will leverage your integration and test experience to drive the scoping of test plans and test bed configurations to validate new architecture functionality. You will utilize your experience with complex integrated systems to review the documentation, requirements, and software to ensure the ability of the integrated system to meet intended function.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn about the current and future aircraft its could support systems
- Become familiar with the existing systems test facilities, hardware and capabilities
- Develop an understand of the relationship between system testing and the support of flight test activities
Within 6 months you will:
- Collaborate with Integrated Product Teams on the best methods to verify a systems meets the design and regulatory requirements
- Synthesize and review avionics system hardware/software interfaces and ICD’s to identify potential conflicts and functionality
- Assist systems engineering in breaking down high level feature requests into subsystem and component-level requirements and drive the implementation and testing of the functionality
- Develop and create necessary test beds to allow for the integration and testing of hardware and software before vehicle level testing to ensure functionality and performance early in the development process
- Perform change impact analysis for change requests ensuring that any upstream or downstream effects to hardware, software, and interfaces are captured and addressed
Within 12 months you will:
- Facilitate cross-functional systems design discussions with electrical, hardware software, design, and manufacturing
- Define an integration test plan for hardware products or software features that focus on de-risking the product or feature deployment in alignment with program milestones
- Act as the central point-of-contact for your chosen system to resolve any issues during development or operational testing
- Responsible for overall function and performance readiness of the your chosen system at any point in the product life-cycle
- B.S. Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or similarly relevant engineering degree
- Understanding how to apply fundamental engineering principles and the scientific method to analyze problems and develop solutions
- Interested in continually learning new skills
- Capable of working independently on tasks with minimal oversight
- Comfortable in a dynamic working environment with evolving goals with less than complete documentation
- Hands-on technical experience debugging complex subsystems
- Proficiency in data analysis with MATLAB and Python
- Experience developing analytical tools to extract and analyze data
- Experience evaluating and monitoring electrical circuits and networks using tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and current probes
- Comfortable reading and interpreting wiring diagrams and electrical schematics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in aerospace systems integration and test, systems design, or systems architecture
- Familiarity with Jira, Teamcenter and Polarion
- Ability to read and interpret C/C++
- Experience working with high voltage transportation power systems
- Experience in failure and risk analysis
- Experience with Linux
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.