Senior Production System Program Manager
Mesa, AZ /
Departments – Production Engineering /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our team. You will be part of the Production System team and you will be supporting the Production System Integrated Product Team (IPT). The Production System IPT is in charge of developing and certifying Wisk’s Production System, integrating tasks and deliverables from the following functions: Production Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Facilities, Sustainability, and Certification. In addition, the individual is responsible for close integration of planning and development activities between product development and production systems functions.
Why we need you:
- At Wisk, Program Managers partner with IPT Leads to develop, certify and deliver products, and focus on ensuring the objectives of our business case are met. We need a Program Manager to own the tracking of the overall delivery of the program, scope management, as well as program financials. You will support the IPT Lead in developing a vision and roadmap for the Production System, and subsequently in planning and delivering technical solutions that support Wisk’s business goals. In addition, you will partner closely with production system functions to integrate and manage activities across the organization. You will coordinate and communicate with all required functions & partners within and outside of Wisk to ensure program success. You are knowledgeable in agile execution methods.
What you will do:
- You will support the development and execution of an overall IPT strategy to meet business case objectives past entry into service to become a profitable business.
- You will ensure technical trade study proposals are supported by cost and manufacturability/maintainability constraints.
- You will support production profitability through alignment of labor, equipment, processes, materials, and budget.
- You will perform business case analysis to support any emerging or confirmed performance gaps which have cost and/or schedule impact.
- You will track Risks, Issues and Opportunities, develop mitigation plans, and assist with removing blockers and escalating issues.
- You will work with the Planning team to develop an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), aligning IPT staffing plan/profile with budgeted headcount, and ensure timely capture of progress.
- You will develop and maintain the detailed IPT budget breakdown, to include the annual operating budget (nonlabor), NRE (development costs to suppliers), and unit costs (including labor).
- You will be accountable for determining Sprint scope and for creating/prioritizing the backlog using Jira.
- You will be accountable for driving RTG (Return-to-Green) plans for metrics which break cost and schedule performance thresholds.
- You will support reporting and communicating the health and status of your IPT.
- You will support managing changes to the baseline through the Change Control Board (CCB) to ensure cost and schedule impacts are recognized and approved, and you will coordinate with CCB change owners to ensure timely execution of change requests.
- You will assist as needed with Request For Proposal (RFP) metrics/KPIs.
- You will maintain regular contact with internal and external stakeholders (as needed), managing the design effort, conducting design reviews (as applicable), and coordinating exchange of information. You will track the timely delivery of contract milestones.
- You will ensure that the security, maintenance, and services of work facilities are aligned with organization needs.
- You will capture lessons learned as you execute and and you will continuously be on the lookout for opportunities to improve our processes to support better predictability.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific, technical, or business field
- Over 4 years of specific Program Management experience in Aerospace
- Well-rounded program management skills (cost and schedule management, EVM, risk and issue management, program performance metrics and reporting, etc…)
- Exposure to production certification (e.g. FAA Part 21).
- Experience with multiple phases of the development life-cycle including planning, conceptual design, requirements definition, preliminary design, prototyping, test and evaluation, detailed design, integration, formal verification, entry into service, etc.
- Outstanding communication & interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively present data and recommendations to executives, peers, and team members
- Demonstrated decision-making skills and ability to effectively manage conflicting tasks and priorities
- Working knowledge of tools such as Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence, Power BI and G-suite
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Management, or an MBA
- Over 6 years of specific Program Management experience
- Proven record of taking teams from an R&D stage to the delivery of a product
- Experience operating in a hybrid waterfall/agile environment
- Scrum certification (Scrum master and/or Product owner)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$162,271 - $210,765 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $162,271 - $210,765 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.