Manager, Production Systems Quality
Departments – Quality /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Quality Manager to join our team. The goal of a Quality Manager at Wisk is to focus on their team in order to support business needs as we continue to mature our QMS. You will be part of the Enterprise Quality team that is committed to creating, implementing and developing a culture of continuous improvement supporting the Production Systems organization.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Quality Manager to join our Enterprise Quality team. The goal of the Quality Manager at Wisk is to work closely with various functional and product teams, ensuring quality support functions are enhancing the business to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the Enterprise Quality team that leads and partners with organizations on developing our Quality Management Systems (QMS) and supporting processes. Your mission is to continuously improve our culture of quality, compliance and safety with a focus on developing your team.
- The successful candidate is effective at communication at different levels of the organization to provide support and oversight of multiple disciplinaries. In this role, the candidate must be proactive, forward thinking and self-motivated with the ability to inspire and influence a team and gain the support of other stakeholders.
What you will do:
- Understand visual verification and testing plan for the entire production process, working with the team on their current inspection planning efforts
- Based on engineering specifications, define the process to create verification plans.
- Understand the current inspection capability and provide a plan to deepen and widen out technical ability
- Understand the Wisk Design for Quality effort leveraging APQP principles
- Develop processes to ensure that products and processes comply with engineering requirements, company processes and government regulations
- Have hired and trained a team of quality professionals, as appropriate for the business needs
- Refine KPIs to represent the quality of the product. Analyze that data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Prepare to partner with the Flight Test team to identify the top defects causing vehicle damage or excessive repair time
- Communicate defective conditions to supplier quality team and partner with them on exercising the SCAR (supplier corrective action request) process as needed
- Will have successfully piloted the DMFEA and PFMEA process in support of the Design for Quality effort
- Established the needed quality processes to support production in our effort to gain our FAA production certification.
- Created a transition plan from the low rate facility to high rate facility for the production quality team
What you have done:
- 9+ years experience in a highly regulated design and manufacturing environment, preference for higher-rate operations and/or aerospace industry supporting Production Systems or Manufacturing.
- 9+ years of supervisory experience. Experience leading teams
- Ability to ensure quality control system is compliant with 14 CFR 21.137 in accord with FAA Order 8120.23A
- Experience in developing and implementing process audit plans and Control plans in support of strategic Quality plan
- Knowledge of scoping quality reports as required to share trends so appropriate problem solving can be applied
- Ability to train employees on quality assurance standards, expectations and processes
- Working knowledge of ISO Quality Standards, Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), Auditing, Project Management, Risk Management, Statistical Process Control, Metrology and Inspection
- Able to support production schedule(s)
- Open to international and domestic travel to suppliers
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working with the FAA under an approved Production Certificate (PC)
- Experience working on Part 23, 25, 27, or 29 certification projects with MIDO oversight
- Lean Six Sigma Training/Certification
- Production Certificate (PC) ODA experience
- Experience implementing AS9100 compliant QMS
- 12+ years experience in a Quality environment, preference for higher-rate operations and/or aerospace industry
- 12+ years of supervisory experience
- Masters Degree
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$138,408 - $162,833 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $138,408 - $162,833 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.