Head of Facilities
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Facilities
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Facilities to oversee all aspects of facilities services, supporting manufacturing, research and development and support operations for our growing organization.
You will be responsible for managing a small team of facilities personnel to manage vendors and contractors for construction build outs and day-to-day repairs and maintenance. You will need to forecast space and future requirements as well as develop budgets for capital expenditures and operating expenses.
- Oversee all building functions and security
- Manage a small facilities team in addition to external contractors
- Plan and oversee large construction and renovation projects and oversee all installations and refurbishments
- Plan current office space according to future business needs
- Create long-term facility strategy
- Control activities such as parking building security, waste disposal, service contracts, vendor services, etc.
- Lead lease negotiations and renewals by working with internal management and outside brokers
- Work closely with the Environmental, Health & Safety area to support company compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of facilities management experience with at least 3-5 years managing teams
- Experience working with other business areas to meet company goals and standards
- Experience developing and managing budgets, including capital budget justifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in project or program management
- Facilities management at a manufacturing company
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.