Director of Flight and Integrated Systems Test
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Flight & Integrated Systems Test /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
The Director of Flight and Integrated Systems Test is the functional lead for testing across the Wisk company.
- Providing technical and managerial oversight for flight and systems testing at all Wisk sites, setting developmental and certification test strategy, and execution approach
- Prioritizing test activities to support development and company goals
- Risk management
- Promoting a strong safety culture
- Developing and maintaining processes for tracking and dispositioning findings
- Interfacing with engineering, manufacturing, and product management to provide feedback on lessons learned
- Participating in cross-disciplinary leadership/program-level decision making
- Supporting requirements development from an operational and test perspective, feeding requirements into product management and systems engineering
- Aircraft and subsystem configuration control and development schedule and strategy for the integrated CoraX system.
- Supporting FAA interactions relating to certification testing and means/methods of compliance.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of experience in flight and/or systems integration and test, including leading test planning, execution, and reporting
- Experience testing and integrating complex flight control, power management, and avionics systems
- Demonstrated adaptability to excel in a dynamic environment
- Communicates effectively with company leadership, peers, your team, and regulators
- Demonstrated ability to promote and drive a strong safety culture
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong cross functional collaboration skills
- MS or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Experience with manned and unmanned test programs
- Experience in certification test programs (civil or military)
- Technical expert in an aircraft development discipline in addition to flight/systems test.
- Experience leading a large, diverse team across multiple locations
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.