Quality Management System Auditor
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Quality & Safety /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We’re looking for a Quality Management System Auditor who will help us expand our quality system across the company to meet AS9100 requirements. You will be a member of our Quality and Safety team, ensuring that Wisk’s processes and procedures meet the highest standards.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn what a great place Wisk is to work and be a part of an awesome team
- Partner with teammates and stakeholders to understand what established process we have in place to identify gaps.
- Draft approach to establish process assurance for our engineering department
Within 6 months you will:
- Implement process assurance for our engineering department
- Work with Internal teams to resolve process gap
- Begin preparation for 3rd party AS9100 certification
Within 12 months you will:
- Establish process assurance for our engineering department
- Work with Internal teams to resolve process non-compliances
- The Quality Systems Auditor will be responsible and accountable for ensuring Quality Management System (QMS) is in compliance with applicable regulations, guidance, industry standards, or best practices
- Lead process assurance activities focused but not limited to engineering processes
- Assist in maintaining regulatory requirements to demonstrate compliance and will assist with other internal & external audits as needed.
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to identify requirements for suppliers and potential process weaknesses and make recommendations on how to improve supplier quality
- Monitor high-level quality initiatives across engineering teams to ensure continual quality improvements
- Strategize with stakeholders to improve and maintain quality/productivity
- On-board & train new auditors and participate in team operations as necessary
- Familiar with the Root Cause and Corrective Action Processes
- AS9100D Quality Standard or equivalent Lead Auditor Certification
- College degree or related field or equivalent experience
- 5 years' experience in quality management systems, with at least three years of specific experience actively participating in system
- Strong technical and data analysis skills
- High level of proficiency with data analysis software programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal to no oversight
- Ability to be flexible, work under pressure, multitask and make critical decisions in a fast-paced environment
- 5 years' experience in aviation industry quality management systems
- Experience to include implementation and maintenance of a quality management system that meets AS9100 requirements
- Experience with industry DO-178 and or DO-254 requirements
- Expert knowledge of aviation quality and/or certification requirements
- Experience with Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Experience working with regulators and 3rd parties
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.