Senior Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Departments – VMS /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. The goal of a Senior Software Engineer at Wisk is to ensure that avionics software developed per industry standards for FAA certification. You will be part of the Avionics and Onboard Autonomy (AOA) Vehicle Management System (VMS) Software team that develop flight software.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our VMS Application Software team. The goal of the Senior Software Engineer at Wisk is to develop flight software per DO-178C and its supplements to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the AOA VMS Software team that develop requirements, design, code via traditional hand written code or utilize the MathWorks products. Your mission is to work with peers to create certifiable flight software.
- The successful candidate is responsible for developing and delivering the safety critical avionics and onboard autonomy software for Wisk’s uncrewed eVTOL aircraft. The successful candidate will have proven experience working with Systems Engineers to develop avionics system specification and full software lifecycle development experience governed by safety critical development processes per DO-178C and its supplements, DO-330, DO-331.
What you will do:
- As part of the AOA organization, and deployed in a VMS-Software Application you will act as a Senior Software Engineer for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will take part in the development of flight software per DO-178C and its supplements with the full life cycle processes and activities.
- You will support peer Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, and other disciplines.
- You will help support problem solving activities through development of software and integration within the VMS and other systems.
- You will help coordinate and perform reviews of software life cycle data.
- In some areas, you will be working closely with Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, suppliers, contractors.
- You will plan and execute mentorship programs for junior Software Engineers.
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help define processes and tools.
What you have done:
- BS in Computer Science, Electronics, or relevant engineering discipline.
- You have worked on various aerospace projects governed by DO-178C and its supplements.
- You have hands-on experience with developing software requirements, design, code and integration.
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex electronics for safety critical systems.
- You have 5+ years overall of avionics software development experience.
- You have 1+ years of experience with any of the MathWorks Model-Based Development tools, i.e., MATLAB Simulink Requirements, Check, Coverage, Code Inspector, Test, Report Generator and/or Polyspace Bug Finder, Coder Prover.
- You have a strong and applied understanding of RTOS concepts and concurrent software design.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tasks and projects that involve peers across multiple disciplines.
- You are familiar with reading schematics, basic hardware debugging.
- Proficient with Python or other scripting languages.
- Exposure to SysML or UML.
- Familiarity with industry standard tools such as Jira, Git, Teamcenter, Google cloud base applications.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges.
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience.
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion.
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations.
- You are a positive team player.
$143,550 - $186,450 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $143,550 - $186,450 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.