Vice President, Commercial Policy
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Commercial
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of Commercial Policy will work with our senior leaders to establish the Commercial Policy priorities and execute a strategy to realize these objectives for our self flying urban air taxi. This individual will raise our presence and influence globally with federal, state, and local public officials to shape policy for the Urban Air Mobility market. This individual will work with our partners, local resources, and third parties to drive the policy forward to realize self flying, pilotless taxis.
- Identify and analyze global public policy developments that are relevant to the Company’s business interests and engage senior executives and other key partner stakeholders to develop company positions
- Develop and execute advocacy strategies to influence legislation, regulation and other public policies of strategic interest to the Company in key jurisdictions
- Partner closely with Company executives and other business partners to inform policy positions and ensure that advocacy is aligned with the company’s business priorities and values
- Advise business partner colleagues about the effect of policy developments on product development, business strategy, timing and company operationsEstablish the company strategy and priorities for managing engagements with partners, local resources, and third parties to deliver on policy and macro regulatory objectives
- Develop and influence partnerships with key external stakeholders including aviation and public policy trade associations, non-profits and think tanks, and represent the company’s perspectives and interests persuasively in such organizations
- Engage key company stakeholders in the Commercial Policy program, including the Board, executives, partners, business leaders, employees and prospective customers
- 15+ years of global public policy experience in the aviation industry
- 15+ years of experience assessing global markets, interacting with internal and external stakeholders, and/or developing strategic plans.
- Successful record of shaping public policy for new markets and/or certifying new technologies
- Strong business acumen and ability to engage senior executives and high-level government officialsSelf-starter, well organized, flexible, and motivated to grow our business
- BA or BS degree, MBA or advanced degree preferred
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 9 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.