Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Finance
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. We need a highly experienced and motivated individual to deliver accurate accounting information and value-added reporting to multiple departments of the Company.
Within 3 months you will:
- Develop relationships within the Finance team to understand the Accounting process and how they integrate into the financial reporting and FP&A processes
- Maintain all fixed asset ledgers within the NetSuite fixed asset management module and prepare reports to compare to the capital budget
- Book payroll journals and reconcile payroll related balance sheet accounts.
- Perform month-end accruals
- Assist in month end balance sheet accounts’ reconciliation
Within 6 months you will:
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget
- Lead in fixed asset physical counting, tagging, documenting and reconciliation
- Perform reconciliations of significant account balances
Within 12 months you will:
- Support the 2020 budgeting process with reports, analyses and gathering supporting data
- Contribute to other projects within the Finance group for overall success of the Accounting and FP&A functions
- Perform year-end accruals and reconciliations
- Perform bank and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare journal entries in accordance with U.S. GAAP (i.e. prepaid and accrued liabilities)
- Manage Fixed Assets
- Assist in implementation of new policies and procedures
- Assist in preparation of quarterly review and year-end audit and tax schedules as required
- Be an active and supporting team member of the Accounting department and collaborate across operating functions
- Prepare regular and ad-hoc reports for financial statements and budgets to be distributed throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong Accounting background with 3-5 years of relevant experience
- NetSuite experience is a big plus
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (especially MS Excel)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment a plus
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.