Senior Electrical Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Electrical Engineering
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with broad experience to join us in developing exciting and revolutionary systems for a new class of all-electric aircraft. As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will join an existing team of electrical and FPGA firmware engineers. This group develops all of the electrical hardware in the Cora vehicle, including flight computers, high power density controllers for brushless permanent magnet motors, DC/DC converters, low voltage power distribution systems, battery management systems, servo actuators, radar sensors, and miscellaneous other power electronics and avionics systems. You will have the opportunity to contribute from concept development, through aircraft integration and troubleshooting issues that arise during flight testing and certification.
Within 3 months you will:
- Become part of the team, get familiar with team members and learn what they are working on
- Learn about the aircraft electronics architecture and existing hardware/firmware
- Work with other electrical engineers on board level and sub-system level bring up, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Work with manufacturing engineers to support building flight electronics
- Become a reviewer of assembly procedures, rework plans, and test results.
Within 6 months you will:
- Work in Altium to upgrade and redesign existing electrical subsystems while producing documentation for fabrication and assembly vendors
- Support certification verification testing, analysis and documentation of electrical hardware
- Become an active member of the Material Review Board (MRB)
- Lead board level and sub-system level troubleshooting and failure mode analysis
- Contribute to writing requirements of new electrical systems, including design for manufacturing and design for testing.
Within 12 month you will:
- Evaluate options for improving the avionics and power distribution architecture
- Kickoff and shepard development of both entirely new and upgraded avionics and power distribution systems
- BSEE degree with at least six years of experience.
- A master's degree and/or PhD count toward years of experience
- Experience with development, design, analysis and test of: Analog Sensor Interfaces, Power Supplies and Topology Selection, Microprocessor/MCU Integration, and Thermal Management of Electronics
- Comfortable with aerospace development and manufacturing best practices and standards
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsDemonstrated ability to manage tasks and projects involving peers across several disciplines.
- Familiarity with DO-160 certification and aerospace development best practices and standards
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.