Systems Test Engineer Intern
Mountain View, CA
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Systems Test Engineering Intern to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will be collaborating with all of the different functional groups at Wisk including Power & Propulsion, Battery, Software, and Avionics. You will assist in the generation of test fixtures and test setups, writing test procedures for acceptance and verification testing, and getting hands-on experience with flight hardware. As an intern at Wisk, you will gain valuable, real-world experience in the testing aircraft systems for the world's first automated, all-electric, VTOL aircraft.
- Design and integrate test fixtures and rigs for aircraft components
- Write test procedures and generate test reports
- Assist with the design of tests including sensor selection, DAQ setup, and physical setup to meet testing goals
- Execute tests and report results, including deviations and non-conformances
- Currently pursuing a B.S, M.S, or Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university
- Familiarity with setting up and running experiments and tests
- Experience with CAD design and generating engineering drawings
- Working knowledge of Python and MATLAB
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience fabricating and building your own designs
- Demonstrated interest in Aircraft/Aviation
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with LabView
- Experience with various DAQ’s sensors including accelerometers, load cells, thermocouples, etc.
- Familiarity with aircraft requirements
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and unlimited PTO days. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.