Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Enterprise Systems
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Configuration Manager to join us in developing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. You will be responsible for the configuration management process & planning, configuration identification, configuration control, configuration status accounting, and configuration verification and audit. Wisk is a vertically integrated engineering environment, and accordingly the scope of Configuration Manager covers all configuration items (from wire, magnets, capacitors, composites, machined parts, electronics boxes, harnesses, servos, airframe, software for all avionics, the airplane itself, ground control station, etc.). The Configuration Manager will work with design engineering, systems engineering, certification, manufacturing, quality, and test teams to identify configuration items and associated documentation required for configuration baselines throughout the product life cycle (As-Designed, As-Planned, As-Built, As-Maintained). You will also facilitate the change control board, communicate changes to relevant teams, and maintain consistency between the changes and documentation throughout the product lifecycle.
Within 3 months you will:
- Start learning about the aircraft and its systems
- Become familiar with our Certification Basis and certification plan
- Learn about our configuration management processes (including naming, baselining, archiving, and change management) and configuration items
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning about the aircraft and its systems
- Support the implementation of the configuration management process such as creating and maintaining configuration baselines, participating in the change workflows for project team configuration items, etc.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing configuration management processes, including the enhancement of configuration management tools
- Document changes to configuration management policies, procedures, or plans based on continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide configuration status reporting for product configuration
- Analyze configuration management issues and propose solutions for continuous improvement.
- Manage the release and updates to the configuration baselines for configuration items such as hardware, software, BOMs, and documents through the change management process
- Manage baseline configurations through the facilitation of the Change Control Board process. Maintain CCB meeting minutes and relevant documentation such as problem reports, change impact analysis, change proposals, change notices, and change implementation, etc.
Within 12 months you will:
- Recommend opportunities to further automate configuration management tools to implement configuration management policies and procedures
- Lead audits on configuration baselines (As-Designed, As-Planned, QAR, As-Maintained) and support corrective action implementation from audit recommendations
- Ensure supplier compliance to configuration management policies and procedures
- Support quality assurance process audits and reporting
- Ensure program compliance to configuration management processes and support the design review process (Critical Design Review, Production Readiness Review, Flight Readiness Review)
- At least 5 years of configuration management experience
- Experience with ISO 10007, ANSI/EIA 649A, or MIL-HDBK-61A standards
- Familiarity with the aircraft development process and planning documents of ARP4754A
- Experience with configuration management process implementation in PLM systems
- Experience with configuration management interfaces with manufacturing operations systems like ERP (MRP) or MES systems
- Able to read and interpret technical documentation and engineering drawings
- Experience working with an agile development methodology
- Demonstrated experience participating in an FAA/EASA type certification or supplemental type certification program for fixed/rotary-wing aircraft or complex systems
- Experience with DO-178B/C, and/or DO-254 and hardware development lifecycle and configuration management processes
- Experience implementing configuration management processes in a development/R&D environment and a production environment
- Experience with design/drafting
- Experience with cost estimation for change impact analysis
- Experience with engineering tools like Teamcenter PLM, NX/SolidWorks, and Polarion and training end-users on implementation changes to configuration management procedures
- Knowledge of database mechanisms
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.