Senior Propulsion Test Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Departments – Systems Test /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Propulsion Test Engineer to join the Test Team and support the Propulsion & Actuators Integrated Product Team (IPT). You will own the design verification and certification testing of our next generation Electrical VTOL aircraft propulsion system.
Why we need you:
- You will develop tests for the item level, such as PCBAs, as well as the fully integrated system, with the motor and motor controller installed on the wing.
- You will be responsible for creating test fixtures from concept to full working rigs, developing and executing test procedures and providing feedback to the design team. The successful candidate will be proactive, self-motivated, hands-on and follow best safety practices.
What you will do:
- Lead the tilt mechanism, electric motor and motor controller design verification and integration test campaigns
- Work closely with a cross functional team to develop test requirements and test plans
- Design, procure and fabricate test fixtures, harnesses and jigs
- Select and integrate transducers and data acquisition devices into test setups
- Automate test execution and data collection to ease operation and increase safety
- Execute tests with our internal lab equipment or at external labs
- Analyze test data and communicate results to stakeholders through detailed test reports and presentations
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and software issues during testing
- Maintain and organize the internal lab
- Ensure and improve safety protocols
What you have done:
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or related engineering degree
- 6+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of relevant electric propulsion experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience writing test plans and reports for verification activities showing traceability to requirements
- Experience with High Voltage systems and electric motors
- Proficiency with CAD software (NX, Solidworks)
- Experience with data acquisition devices and transducers
- Hands on experience assembling aerospace hardware and running tests
- Familiarity with aviation test standards including DO-160 and MIL-STD-810
- Familiarity with aerospace fasteners and best practices
- Experience with rotating equipment testing (balancing, modal testing etc…)
- Experience working with various test lab environments and dealing with outside vendors
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$186,818 - $242,648 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $186,818 - $242,648 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, wellness allowances, snacks, drinks, fruit, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.