Sr. Director, Information Technology
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Information Technology
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for an outstanding Sr. Director of IT who is passionate about technology to join our team! This role is responsible for designing, supporting and managing Wisk’s corporate IT infrastructure and services. The position requires creating both strategic and tactical plans incorporating department-level and company-wide goals as well as managing the budget requirements of the unit. The Sr. Director of IT will be a catalyst for change throughout the organization and lead a stellar and customer service-oriented team. This role is located in Mountain View, CA and reports to the CFO.
- Continuously design, refine, and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity, minimize business disruption, balance between existing and future requirements & growth
- Oversee development and implementation of an IT roadmap, including key prioritization and sequencing of key systems
- Develop, publish, and provide associated training around corporate IT policies, standards and procedures -- encouraging a culture of security and compliance across the company
- Define and drive prioritization of technology initiatives and improve IT operations, processes and security
- Manage policies related to data security in both hardware and software venues
- Promote effective use of technology across all departments and build corporate partnerships with vendors and service providers to streamline processes and reduce costs
- Own employee help desk functions including ticketing, break/fix, and end user system deployment and updates
- Lead procurement, set-up and refresh hardware and software for all employees and new hires
- Establish a framework and publish on a regular cadence IT-related metrics which measure the impact and effectiveness of the team
- Consistently cultivate a high-performing team providing ongoing guidance, mentorship and learning opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS (or equivalent)
- 10+ years of previous experience in scaling and operating IT as a hands-on technical contributor
- 5+ years of experience in an IT Leadership role
- Experience developing, standardizing, and maturing the processes and systems involved a high-growth company
- Collaborative partnership style and demonstrated capacity for indirect influence
- Demonstrated ability to create order from chaos with minimal oversight
- Stellar communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all levels of employees
- Prior project management experience, including successfully setting priorities, meeting schedules, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with ERP system implementation
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.