Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Software
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are seeking an embedded real-time software engineer to join our software and avionics group. This group builds our fly-by-wire systems. You will design, implement, test, and integrate software for our Ground Control Station (GCS). The GCS is the control center that monitors and controls our fleet of Cora air taxis.
- Design, implement, unit-test, and integrate high-quality embedded software to control Cora Air Taxis
- Perform requirements analysis and author high-level and detailed requirements
- Troubleshoot software issues and fix defects
- Write test specifications and integration tests
- Author scripts and utilities
- Perform software/hardware bring-up
- BS or MS in computer science, computer systems engineering, or equivalent
- Proficiency in developing 'C' language software for embedded systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop production embedded software
- Strong understanding of RTOS concepts, data structures, and concurrent software design
- ARM and PowerPC development experience
- VxWorks operating system experience
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting language
- Systems view and detail-oriented, safety-oriented
- Exposure to computer networking and networking concepts
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Practical experience working with safety critical systems with exposure to DO-178C or ISO 26262
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 9 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.