Software Engineer Intern - Flight Verification
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Flight Software Verification Engineer Intern to join us in designing an exciting new class of all-electric personal aircraft. This position is based in Atlanta, GA. You will join our software and avionics group, which builds the onboard computing hardware to power our aircraft. You will work alongside a small group of engineers to assist in developing high-quality, well-tests software, for a variety of novel avionics platforms. As an intern at our company, you will gain valuable, real-world experience in the development of computing hardware for the world's first automated, all-electric, VTOL aircraft.
- Assist in ensuring that safety-critical software behaves as expected
- Reach a high level of familiarity with company software development processes and procedures, as well as the specific tools used to develop and verify software
- Contribute to the software development effort
- Assist in the analysis of requirements and provide valuable feedback to authors
- Assist in the analysis of source code and provide valuable feedback to developers
- Develop a working relationship with other engineers who will share in your success
- Currently pursuing a B.S or M.S degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Science, or any relevant technical discipline from an accredited college/university; and be in your second year of school or higher
- Working knowledge of the C programming language
- Ability to interpret software requirements
- Ability to create software unit tests from requirements
- Familiarity with high-automated software development processes and modern tools (such as git/BitBucket, JIRA, Bamboo/Jenkins, etc.)
- Ability to understand, use, and modify software in a very large code base
- Experience with code review and ability to constructively criticize the work product of your peers
- Embedded systems engineering experience and understanding of computer architecture
- Demonstrated experience with code review, unit testing frameworks for mocking endpoints and composing tests
- Knowledge of the software development and verification process
- An interested in aviation or avionics engineering
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision (company pays 100% of employee premium), and unlimited PTO days. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as employee referral bonus, commuter assistance, charitable giving match, and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.