Staff Mechanical Engineer
Remote United States /
Departments – Mechanical Engineering /
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Staff Mechanical Engineer to join our team. The goal of a Staff Mechanical Engineer at Wisk is to ensure the highest level of mechanical design with a strong understanding of first principles and analysis. You will be part of the Mechanical Engineering team that directly supports all of our Integrated Product Teams.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering team. The goal of the Senior Mechanical Engineer at Wisk is to design and analyze mechanical structures to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment.
- The successful candidate is highly motivated, and results driven. Using strong understanding of first principles to mature designs. You will be working in a fast paced environment with the focus of developing the future of electric aviation.
What you will do:
- Design (75%) and analyze (25%) mechanical structure
- Preform trade studies to inform design decisions
- Create 3D CAD models using NX
- Create, run and post process basic analysis simulations
- Create and release 2D mechanical design drawings
- Perform analysis using first principle techniques to validate mechanical and thermal aspects of the design
- Make design considerations for mass optimization, structural integrity, thermal consideration, and safety
What you have done:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- 2+ years of Finite Element Methods (FEM)
- Advanced understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals (statics,
- dynamics, structural mechanics, etc.)
- Familiar with CAD software such as Siemens NX(preferred), Solidworks, etc.
- Familiar with FEM software FEMAP/Nastran (preferred) or Hypermesh/Optistruct
- Familiar with drafting standards, including GD&T, and can interpret or create engineering drawings
- Experience supporting manufacture, including disposition of hardware non-conformances.
- Familiarity with aircraft certification and aerospace development best practices and standards
- Experience leading cross-functional integrated project teams including schedule, budget, and technical oversight
- Experience in field engineering/product sustainment.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
$124,236 - $189,840 a year
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to offering a great work environment and the opportunity to be part of the team making electric autonomous flight a reality, at Wisk, we offer excellent total rewards which include a competitive base salary, annual bonus, long term incentive, 401K, health benefits and much more.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range the Company expects to pay: $124,236 - $189,840 per year - The starting base salary within this range for this role varies based on factors such as your geographical location, and your relevant job-related experience that is consistent with a business necessity.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 11 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching vested immediately, communication allowance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness allowances, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, and much more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.