Senior Software Engineer, Simulation
Remote, United States /
Wisk – Software /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are seeking a Senior Software Simulation Engineer to join our software and avionics group, which builds the core fly-by-wire-systems. You will design, develop and test our mission-critical aircraft simulation environment which enables validation and verification of mission planning, avionics software and real-time control algorithms throughout the development life cycle.
- Design and develop an advanced flight simulation environment for automated software testing, validation of control algorithms and pre-flight pilot training
- Improve reliability and performance of simulation software
- Work with simulation software users to design new features and improve the user experience
- Own and lead simulation development efforts to support our long-term mission
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python, and C/C++
- Strong software design and development skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Comfortable working with the physics and math underlying aircraft dynamics, propulsion, etc.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Prior experience developing vehicle simulation software (autonomous cars, aircraft, spacecraft)
- Some exposure to Web application development
- Some exposure to containers and cloud-based tools
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.