Airframe Design Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Airframe /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are seeking an Airframe Design Engineer to support the design, manufacturing, and testing of our aircraft’s primary structural components. You will work closely with structural analysts and manufacturing engineers and will be responsible for design definition and verifying components meet program requirements.
- Structural design of composite and metallic parts and assemblies
- Engineering definition and documentation, including drawings
- Manufacturing liaison support to clarify design definition and revisions for improved producibility
- Non-conformance disposition support
- Participation in the engineering review, approval, and release processes
- Verification testing, including design of test fixtures and authoring test plans and report
- 8+ years of directly related work experience
- Experience with aerospace composite materials and manufacturing methods
- Proficiency in CAD software such as NX, Solidworks, Catia, or similar
- Proficiency in drafting standards, including GD&T, and can author and interpret engineering drawings for metal and composite parts and assemblies.
- Ability to size structures using classical hand analysis methods and familiarity with finite element analysis methods.
- Experience with testing as part of a structural substantiation plan
- Bachelor's degree in relevant engineering discipline (Mechanical, Aerospace, or similar)
- Experience with an aircraft development and certification effort
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.