Staff Systems Safety Engineer
Remote, United States /
Wisk – Systems Engineering /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are looking for a Staff Systems Safety Engineer to join our team. The goal of system safety engineering at Wisk is to build an aircraft that is safe to operate in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will work alongside development lifecycle stakeholders to identify hazards associated with functions, systems and items, and to develop mitigation strategies against these hazards.
- Drive the completion of safety and reliability analysis like Functional Hazard Assessment, Interdependence Analysis, Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis, Markov
- Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analysis, Reliability Allocation, Reliability Prediction Modeling, or Common Cause Analysis.
- Collaborate with systems engineers and engineering design teams to define safety requirements and resolve derived requirements.
- Collaborate with testing teams to conduct detailed planning of system safety verification efforts.
Within 3 months you will:
- Get to know the systems safety, systems engineering and IPT teams.
- Learn from others about the requirements development and system safety processes in place.
- Get familiar with the urban air mobility system of systems and our UAS architecture.
- Begin conduct of safety analysis for associated systems.
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning about the systems that contribute to a safe urban air mobility system.
- Begin identifying potential issues in our UAS implementation and propose effective mitigations that are justified through analysis.
- Take ownership of the system safety lifecycle elements assigned to you.
- Establish a feedback cycle to ensure safety impacts are recognized and addressed early and efficiently.
Within 12 months you will:
- Reach a high level of familiarity with the wider system architecture and its associated safety mitigations and analysis.
- B.S. in an appropriate field, and at least five years of experience in systems safety and/or reliability engineering.
- Strong communication skills who thrive working in teams and across multiple functional domains.
- Ability to decompose, estimate effort and schedule tasks or activities.
- Prior experience applying safety assessment techniques in a structured environment such as ISO-61508, MIL-STD-882 and/or SAE/ARP-4761.
- Experience with an aircraft integration development program from conceptual design through certification.
- Experience in a certification environment to 2X.1309 and SAE/ARP-4754.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with Reliability Analysis tools like APIS, CAFTA, Reliability Workbench, etc.
- Experience with Requirements tools like Doors, Polarian, Teamcenter Systems Engineering, etc.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement of organizational processes.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.