Electrical Wiring Interconnect System Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Wisk – Aircraft Systems
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are currently seeking an electrical engineer to join our team developing Electrical Wiring Interconnect Systems (EWIS) for electric powered aircraft. The responsibilities of this position will include generating and maintaining wire harness diagrams, specification of appropriate components (wire, connectors, backshells), and developing efficient harness routing and installation schemes per Industry and FAA regulations.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn about the electrical system of our aircraft
- Help with the documentation of new and existing wire harnesses
- Modify, improve, and make changes to existing designs as the aircraft evolves
- Assist, troubleshoot, and provide support to manufacturing issues and concerns
- Work with suppliers for the procurement of components, some custom
Within 6 months you will:
- Manage the configurations of electrical systems of different aircraft versions
- Design and issue rework instructions for modifications to built aircraft
- Assist in the development and documentation of standard practices and requirements for manufacturing and design
- Development of wire harness installation drawings
Within 12 months you will:
- Assist with the development of an aircraft wiring database that manages components and various aircraft configurations
- Help develop wiring systems for new aircraft versions and/or models
- Optimization of existing designs for ease of manufacturability, weight, and cost
- Prior experience in aircraft electrical system design
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with Mentor Graphics, IGE-XAO, Zuken, or other schematic design tools
- Knowledge of FAA EWIS standards, AS 50881, and AC 43.13-1B
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of common aircraft wiring components (connectors, wires, assembly tools) and their assembly techniques
- Familiarity with 3D CAD wire harness routing tools
- Knowledge of suppliers for aviation wiring components
- Programming knowledge or experience in setting up, managing, and configuring complex Wire Harness Design CAD software
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), unlimited PTO days, 9 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.