Senior Systems Engineer, Propulsion
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Systems Engineering /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
The goal of systems engineering is to make sure the right product is being built, and that the product is being built right. Throughout the development process, systems engineers ensure continual alignment of all stakeholders within systems and across system interfaces, and work closely with design, product, manufacturing, integration, verification, and certification teams.
As a propulsion systems engineer, you will be responsible for the development of electrical propulsion systems for novel eVTOL aircraft, including the design, integration, testing, and certification of power electronics, motors, and propellers.
- Support the development of cross-system inputs, including use cases and behavioral analysis
- Drive the development of a system, including facilitating trade studies, architecture definition, function definition and allocation, requirement definition, interface definition, and verification definition
- Work with other systems engineers, systems safety, certification, verification, and other stakeholders to continually ensure proper system capability and cohesion the design matures
- Coordinate with engineering design teams to define system/subsystem/item requirements, including functionality, interfaces, and integration points
- Coordinate with the engineering design and testing teams to conduct detailed planning of system validation, verification, and certification efforts
- B.S. in engineering and 6 years experience in systems engineering or certification
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Previous system development, design, manufacturing, or flight test experience
- Experience with an aircraft development program from conceptual design through certification
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with DO-160G
- Familiarity with ARP4754A, DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4761, MIL-STD-882, or similar standards
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.