Senior EMI/EMC Electrical Engineer
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Electrical Engineering /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are looking for a Senior EMI/EMC Electrical Engineer to work on a growing team developing a composite, electric propulsion aircraft. You will be responsible for leading the analysis and design for Electromagnetic Compatibility and planning the tests for Electromagnetic Interference across various systems.
Within 3 months you will:
- Learn about the aircraft electronics architecture and hardware development processes
- Advise the Electrical Wiring Interconnect System on shielding of wire harnesses, common mode chokes and bonding of ground paths.
- Help write aircraft and system EMI requirements from Aviation Authority regulations.
Within 6 months you will:
- Take ownership of all EMI/EMC aspects of the aircraft.
- Assist the Airframe Structures group with bonding, grounding design with respect to lightning and HIRF.
- Participate in architecture trade studies, detailed performance analysis, optimization and component specification.
- Make recommendations to continually improve our processes.
Within 12 months you will:
- Be the focal point for aviation regulators (FAA, EASA, Etc) conversations on technical issue resolution around EMI/EMC.
- Troubleshooting signal integrity issues
- Oversee all Emissions and Susceptibility certification test planning.
- Be part of the group designing and testing for lightning protection on composite structures.
- PhD with three years experience, MSEE degree with at least five years of experience, or a BSEE/BSME degree with at least eight years of experience
- Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF)
- Familiarity with DO-160 testing and aerospace development best practices and standards
- Experience designing for and troubleshooting EMI/EMC related issues
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Current (or ability to obtain) FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER) -14 CFR Part 23 Systems & Equipment Electrical
- Direct / Indirect Effects of Lightning on composite structures experience is a strong plus.
- Experience with weight minimization is strongly desired
- Experience writing and executing test procedures for design validation and qualification
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.