Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Quality & Safety /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our Cora production operation. You will apply principles from high-volume manufacturing to ramp up production and ensure that quality and engineering requirements are met.
In the first 3 months you will:
- Design test plans to track effectiveness and quality of manufacturing processes
- Collect data to conduct root cause investigations of common/recurring problems and non-conformities
- Use statistical methodologies and analyze trends to ensure specified levels of process yield are achieved, maintained or improved
- Conduct root cause analyses; develop and execute corrective action plans
In the first 6 months you will:
- Analyze trends to evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions
- Oversee material review process for non-conforming parts and materials
- Support quality source selection and process reviews of suppliers deliveries to ensure engineering requirements are met
- Support verification planning to validate product and process quality
- Drives corrective actions so that process improvements on assemblies is visible
In the first 12 months you will:
- Begin to apply forward looking quality methods, like PFMEA and control plans
- Implement process improvements to improve yield and first pass quality
- Manage the Root-Cause, Corrective-Action (RCCA) process, ensuring that corrective action is implemented to prevent defects from happening again
- Develop verification plan for assemblies of the Cora production process. Identify the various inspection/test points throughout the process and the precise criteria that should be inspected to produce a perfect product every time
- Convert engineering specifications into verification plan for product
- Create KPIs that represent the quality of the product. Analyze that data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Liaison with the Flight Test team to identify the top defects causing failures or malfunctions
- Respond to the production line when discrepancies are spotted; disposition defects in real time
- Communicate defective conditions to vendor partners, manage SCAR (supplier corrective action request) process
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience with root cause analysis techniques and methods
- Experience with mature production and quality systems, preferably in aerospace industry
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience in aircraft development, production, and certification
- Familiar with drafting standards, including GD&T, and can interpret engineering drawings
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.