Full-Stack Software Engineer, Ground Control
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Software /
At Wisk, we believe that less time getting there means more time being there for the moments that truly matter. We are an urban air-mobility company dedicated to delivering safe everyday flight for everyone. Our self-flying air taxi, Cora, will make it possible to skip the traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Join us to craft a better world by opening access to the sky.
- Take ownership of an existing code base, and guide its continuing evolution to meet changing customer needs
- Work with Flight Test, Certified Ground Control Software, Aerodynamics, and Controls teams, to name a few, to determine the future direction of this critical tool
- Maintain and optimize existing solutions and codebases
- BS in CS, AE, ME, EE, or equivalent
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with C development, and comfort reading C code
- Understanding of physics-based engineering analysis and/or experience in aviation
- Build custom integration between tools such as JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Polarion, Configuration Management, Puppet etc.
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.