Senior Stress Analyst
Mountain View, CA /
Wisk – Mechanical Engineering /
We believe in a world where less time getting there means more time being there, and that starts with Cora.
With over a decade of piloted and autonomous flight experience, we’ve created Cora—our all-electric, self-flying air taxi that will change the future of daily commutes and urban travel. From day one, Cora by Wisk was designed with safety as our first priority using emissions free systems.
We’re working toward a future where you’ll be able to safely soar over traffic and get to where you’re going, faster. Because everyone has somewhere to be, someone to see, and now—a better way to get there.
We are seeking a Stress Analyst to join our team developing the mechanical systems of an electric aircraft. You will work to analyze mechanical designs in coordination with aerodynamics engineers, design engineers, and manufacturing engineers among others in a diverse and fast-paced team.
Our systems are all tightly integrated, so this work will require close coordination with design engineers developing electric motors, composite structures, various mechanisms, and test equipment. You will participate in analysis through the many facets of design starting from concept development, design, CAE model validation, and system level test and verification.
Within 1 month you will:
- Get to know the team and company culture
- Work with colleagues, design engineers, and aerodynamics engineers to become familiar with the aircraft
- Familiarization with current toolchains and existing models.
- Become fluent in our CAD, FEA and PLM tools
Within 3 months you will:
- Continue learning about the aircraft and subsystem assemblies
- Take ownership of analysis on new design parts
- Work with colleagues to become familiar with documentation standards
Within 6 months you will:
- Perform static and dynamic analysis on multi body assemblies
- Document analysis reports
- Watch airplanes fly making use of the hardware you designed
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong understanding of CAE software such as Siemens Simcenter, Altair hypermesh, etc.
- Strong understanding of analysis fundamentals of metallic and composite structures
- Familiar with performing topology optimization for weight critical designs
- Familiar with engineering fundamentals (statics, dynamics, structural mechanics, etc.)
- Experience in formal analysis reporting in a regulated environment
- Experience working with design engineers to provide feedback on designs and improvements
- Familiarity with aircraft certification under FAA Part 23 including best practices and standards
- Fibersim experience for analysis of composite structures
- Experience in model correlation/validation using test data
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate analysis from concept to hardware in minimal time
- Familiarity with CAD software such as Siemens NX, Solidworks, etc.
- Considerate, empathetic, understanding, loyal, kind, patient, honest, polite, responsible
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches, flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.